Dan Norris in this book talks about his experince in building a startup. According to Dan, the most important thing is getting product out in no real time. Consider this book as a playbook if you are looking to start a web based startup, it is a small book with good piece of advice on each and every step.
These are some notes/highlights from the book :
- Hustle for an early stage startup is generally about spending your time on the things that are most likely to bring you customers.
- Early on your main challenge will be getting people to use your product or service. If you can do that then you’ll start learning a lot about what you need to do to perfect it.
- Marketing is really just about getting your message out to qualified people as efficiently as possible.
- By comparing yourself to the best, you set higher expectations for yourself, and you will be better for it.
- Advertise on cheap easy medium, use growth hacking.
- Get product out of the door first.
- Do not worry about people copying your product, in the end it is all about winning customers and keeping them happy.