I quit my full time job in April. Over these few months I have spent good time in reading & mostly philosophy.
The common learning from it for me has been is living in this present moment.
- During school days, we work hard and plan/aim for getting admission to some college, university if we fail, we become unhappy and sometimes take extreme steps.
- Liked someone for years but never had courage to say so and all off a sudden get to see her/his wedding pics floating on timeline [social media]
- We fall in love, plan for living together entire life, things fall apart and we get depressed, stop believing in Love overall.
- We are so busy at work for hope of getting promotions or incentives that we keep delaying our visit to parents & all of a sudden we get to know he/she is no more.
- We aspire to start or venture into something but so scared of failure that even though things are rough at current workplace we have our ass hooked.
- We avoid talking to someone or venturing into challenge again because we failed being successful in past.
What is going on here?
- We are postponing our actions.
- We are scared of failure.
- We are too focussed on our future.
- Our prejudice got more powerful in decision making.
We are living in this society which has certain protocol & we are conditioned to follow.
- A society where failure is considered stigma.
- A society where life partners or match making is done on your height, color and physical appearance. Not what you are as an individual.
- A society where taking bold steps for doing things now is considered full of risk and has no support system from family or friends.
- A society where religion divides country & relationships among we humans.
- A society where you take birth, study, take job, get married, raise kids and die. Anything else makes you a misfit.
- A society which has taken away our power of questioning the authority or stakeholders.
THINK, if you want to remain on an autopilot of future or past biases or Live a life NOW.