Incentives act like serotonin. It makes us feel happy. It is not limited to an age group or humans.
BF Skinner performed variable rewards experiment on pigeons. These days mobile application providers are using the same on us.
Incentives are not limited to money but can come from appreciation and actions.
- A doctor operates an open heart surgery when a stent in an artery is enough.
- E-commerce providers run SALE every month.
- Our organization has a hall of fame for top performers.
- Github repository has stars.
- Different kind of app notifications on social media apps.
It is all about making us feel better and making us do better. It has good as well as an evil side. So practice with precaution.