Thanks 2 Achet for inviting me to this trip, am missing all the fun already. 🙂
- Pork is a staple food & its common to keep pigs at home along with hens.
- Although Indian government has only recognized 17 naga tribes number is much more.
- Christianity is dominant in the state & people are god fearing.
- English is commonly spoken & medium of education.
- Education has special importance & students walk few kilometers daily for schooling.
- People are humble & happy & well educated.
- The state has natural resources in abundance but pollution is a major threat.
- Bamboos play major role in building houses & handicraft industry is largely dependent on it.
- One can easily enter Nagaland via Dimapur but to visit most other districts one needs inner line permit.
- If you like reading local folktales then do visit Signet Books, Dimpaur. They have good collection.
- Don`t forget to being some green tea from local Nagaland brand named Amonar, its awesome.
Some Random Clicks