I finally finised reading Bhagwad Gita, a hindu holy book which is collection of over 700 verses. It’s a discourse between Krishna and Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. I would strongly recommend almost everyone to read it, it has nothing to do with your race/religion. We all can relate to one or the other discourse provided, I made small list of sentences/lines which had great impact on me.
- Our expectation is root cause of unhappiness.
- We have to maintain equanimity in almost every aspect of life & treat it equally so neither be too happy or too sad.
- Karma is what defines our caste not what we got at birth.
- Our mind is an asset and if we let Maya/Illusion control it, we are slave to materialistic aspect of life. This will make us unhappy.
- Our gunas satva , rajas and tamas should not act on us & affect our happiness.
- Some task in our life are not done for a purpose to return outcome in our favor, we just have to do it.