I read “the wizard of Menlo Park, a life of Thomas Edison” recently. All this while I saw Edison as the guy who killed Tesla. I am not sure if that is true, but reading this book made me know a few other things about Edison.
- His entrepreneurial journey begun in early age, printing newspaper in running train.
- An outlier without any formal degree gifting so many innovations/patents to the world.
- His fake till making it attitude, belief in self, arrogance, and pride.
- His generous offerings to journalists in the form of company equities.
- His obsession with brand “Edison”
- His notable other contributions besides light bulb.
- His friendship with Ford and urge to ship electric cars.
- His don’t give up and win at any cost attitude.
I am happy that I read about Edison, at least in the next coffee conversation I am not going to say: Edison killed Tesla. Lastly, our man Edison was deaf.