Some tactics for creating and maintaining a cult.
- Create your own social reality: in simple terms create an echo chamber, limit external sources for news and information. Most modern-day ashrams across India follow these.
- Create a granfalloon: make members believe they are part of something bigger, use god or some cause as bait.
- Create commitment through rationalization trap
- Establish leaders credibility and attractiveness
- Send fund members out to proselytize the unredeemed and to fundraiser for the cult
- Distract members from thinking “undesirable “ thoughts.
Excerpt from “Age of propaganda.”