EaseMyTrip is a bootstrapped ticket reservation platform run by Prashant and his two brothers. The company has been listed in India and is now a public limited.
- Enjoy the journey. Don’t make too many plans.
- Empower and inspire from within the organization. As a bootstrap company budget is limited, and you need more believers, especially the early team.
- Be Frugal. Don’t compete with others on discounts and other marketing ploy. Let customers pick you over your service.
- Be Flexible. EaseMyTrip started as B2B, and much success came from B2C.
- The customer is the king. Treat customers well. They are your evangelist.
- Share the pie. Don’t keep all the profit to yourself, but distribute with stakeholders, customers, and teams.
- Keep things simple. People use EaseMyTrip for ticket booking, focus on it, and give experience around it simple instead confusing customers.