I been lucky this time to attend the OpenStack Summit summit hosted in Portland. Why am saying lucky because :–
1. I was finally able to meet a lot of developers and friends whom i been interacting over 2 years on IRC for help/support related to various OpenStack related issues.
2. I could witness how awesome the overall project has evolved over span of two years, over 2000 participants & so many new faces in the dev room. I am saying this because i have been part of the project from almost day 0.
3. I could see same people talking/tweeting/speaking about OpenStack who been fighting with us in past about our project & everything we were doing.
4. I could finally meet guys from various other enterprises & talk to them about how they can help us with the support in strengthening OpenStack India community.
5. Interacting with global OpenStack community & sharing/exchanging thoughts about our OpenStack India Community.
6. Last not the least meeting again some of the super awesome folks whom i been following on Twitter & other social media space for help/support & who have been always helpful to me.
And lastly i could eat Voodoo Donuts thanks
@MichaeljonF to for that.
We had great Openstack Day event in Bangalore, details of event and report can be found here http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/12/event-report-openstack-day-bangalore-india/
Stackers across India gathered in Bangalore on 14th October for celebrating OpenStack Day.
So i am done with attending Pycon presenting OpenStack there.
Sides can be downloaded from http://www.slideshare.net/koolhead17/pycon-india
It was a learning experience for me am sure next presentations will be much better. I was too fast in presenting, one of the main criticism i had to face.
I did got some compliments as well.
Recently posted blog about our community presence and presentation about openstack at barcamp XII, Bangalore, India
Not much to say besides my first article has just landed to #muktware front page. I wrote about Openstack.
I will be regularly writing for them now and its all for free( as in air).
Review/comments would be awesome!!
Am too late to blog on the same. Pavi along with Praveen organized nice meetup in Hyderabad. The refreshing part about the meetup was presence of 30+ folks
We had folks from Ubuntu/Wikipedia/Mozilla/Puppet/Openstack were present. Detailed blog post about the event can be found at :–
http://telugulinux.blogspot.in/ (In Telegu/use translate software)
Also met folks from 4 different companies working on Openstack and was nice meeting them all.
Lastly, Cake was sponsored by Canonical and so was dinner
Although am too late to blog about it still its better than not doing it.
We at csscorp been working on the various release of Openstack for over a year. In continuation with our effort we have recently released Precise/Essex (12.04 ubuntu) version of our book.
I am happy to be part of such awesome team and its been great learning experience.
Change notes and book can be found for download here
Apart from that the same content can be found at official openstack documentation repository here http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/starter/content/
I also did a small screen cast for Dashboard walk through which can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu3TNAlX7vs&feature=plcp