Happy New Year to everyone to start with.
Year 2014 been amazing in following ways :
1. Joined The New Stack, working on building community & writing occasionally.
2. Sister got married to one of the smartest kid I have met so far in 20+ odd years of my life.
3. Moved to Bangalore after staying in Mumbai for over an year.
4. Made few amazing friends & lost some others.
5. Traveled to over 20 cities across 10+ states in India.
6. Finally made trip to Kathmandu to meet awesome entrepreneurs in town written a post on same here
7. Read over dozen books which helped me in finding answer to “what i really want from my life?”
8. Most of my friends either married or blessed with kids.
What I learnt from 2014 :
1. Its about happiness – We are so busy with so many external needs that we totally forget about our happiness.
2. Love yourself, life depends on it – I read book written by kamal ravikant a must read for everyone. The book tells you one thing, love yourself, your body, your mental well being.
3. Money – It is not everything, it will come and go.
4. Empathy – Before jumping on any conclusion understand the situation of one sitting on other side of table.
5. Love/Relationship – It will never happen the way they show you in bollywood or in fairytales.
6. Time as a healer – All it takes is some amount of time to fix everything.
7. Do what you love – Don’t live in this world/job/relationship/agreement for sake of it. Move on, get out of it if you are not enjoying it or its only for your EMI or 5 star hotel bills.
8. Mentors – I am lucky to get few awesome mentors who are always there to help me when i am stuck with any difficulty.
9. Ask for it – Last not the least, this i learnt after following posts, books, podcasts of jamesaltucher You need to ask from them what you need without counting on probability of success or failure.
Plan for 2015
1. Stay happy 🙂
2. Love myself & take good care of my health. If possible loose few kilos.
3. Continue with my traveling spree.
Last not the least
Trying to eat a raw crab like that man vs wild folk!! Enjoy watching!! 🙂
I hope 2015 brings more happiness to everyone’s life!!