We are in the age of attention deficiency with so many products being built on the same domain. The primary thing that keeps customers glued is the overall design and I can bluntly accept that design can make or break your product.
With mobile devices getting cheaper by the day and most users speedily connecting to the internet via mobile, it is extremely challenging and thus very important for a brand to provide a seamless and/or intuitive design interface that appeals to the masses. After all product design is the main interface for any product to make it in the market.
The Bad Features Of Product Design:
- Multi-clicks: It can be quite cumbersome and as a customer I am least interested in navigating via a portal to read/buy something.
- Excessive text: If you have built a portal catering to research information, I would prefer an infographic rather than say a descriptive of two thousand textual content.
- Hideous Colors: Brightening the product to appeal to the eye needs to be subtle and inviting,I wont be returning to consider you portal/product if the color combinations start to affect my vision.
- Dancing fonts: Building your product with ugly fonts & non-uniform sizing over an uneven platform is distracting and unattractive.
- Floating banners: I am keenly interested in the product and the visibility of the same, so these floating banners just creates unnecessary distractions.
My Experiment Results
- My dad says “I use whatsapp because its very simple interface”
- My 8 yr old orders from flipkart in 3 clicks[COD]
- My friend says “I use ola apps and not Taxi4Sure as its way easy to use”
- I say , “I use Medium not LinkedIn for blog because one is simple & other is ugly”
I suggest to get a designer or outsource the work to a firm who are capable of building your product design fixing “the bad features of your product design.”