Benjamin aka Ben Franklin was one of the founding fathers of USA. He was a self taught genius and made contribution in fields of science, literature, politics and many more. I am fascinated by him and it prompted me to read this book. Over the time, I will be reading more of his writings.
These are some notes/highlights from the book :
- Laziness travels so slowly, that Poverty soon overtakes him.
- Early to bed, and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Drive thy business, let not that drive thee.
- He that lives upon hopes will die fasting. There are no gains without pains.
- Plough deep while sluggards sleep, and you shall have corn to sell and to keep.
- One today is worth two tomorrows.
- Fools make feasts, and wise men eat them.
- If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some.
- when you run in debt: you give another power over your liberty.
- He wish’d to please everybody; and, having little to give, he gave expectations.