Marketers and other emerging professions are reaping profit from our worries.
- Do Yoga for a stress-free day.
- Avoid sugar or get diabetes.
- Eating meat causes heart disease.
- Gym every day to fight obesity.
- Eating tobacco causes cancer.
These signals and messages receive more attention. Psychologists cite that worry trumps over sex in seeking our brain’s attention.
Jeff Bezos says: your margin is my profit. I would say, your worry is revenue for others.
We pick calls or use an app to avoid our worry. Always be on email is a result of losing a potential customer or meeting invite from a subordinate.
What is the cure for our worry?
Limiting smartphone usage and being more rational in life can help us.