In the book “What you do is who you” are Ben Horowitz has a shared cultural checklist for founders building companies.
- Cultural Design: Culture should be the same who you are in real life or professional.
- Cultural Orientation: Monkey see, monkey do. Ensure the newer employees are mentored well to join your bandwagon.
- Shocking Rules.
- Incorporate outside leadership
- Object lessons
- Make ethics implicit
- Give cultural tenants deep meaning
- Walk the talk: You have to equally follow ethics what you have defined for your organization.
- Make the decision that demonstrates priorities: You have to abide by it and that is when others will follow.
We are different, so is the purpose or our rocketship. It can be different for us all.