Started reading lifespan by David A. Sinclair. The book talks about aging and argues it to be treated like any other disease. Excerpt from the book.
These are the multiple hallmarks of aging.
- Genomic instability caused by DNA damage.
- Attrition of the protective chromosomal endcaps
- Alterations to the epigenome that controls which genes are turned on and off.
- Loss of healthy protein maintenance.
- Deregulated nutrient sensing caused by metabolic changes.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Exhaustion of stem cells
- Altered intercellular communication and the production of inflammatory molecules
- Accumulation of senescent zombielike cells that inflate a healthy cell
Excerpt from the book lifespan by David A. Sinclair.
Fun fact, I don’t know most of the terminology explained above. I am hopeful after finishing the book I will be able to, otherwise, I have some friends in this field who will help me in understanding it.