A lot many founders reach out to me for VC intro. It is like pay it forward for me. A few folks five years back believed in me and, I am here now in a position to help many more new breeds of founders.
One thing I noticed is that these founders are busy building products, that they don’t know a few things:
- Whom to pitch.
- Which VC’s fund thesis matches their idea.
- How much they want to dilute and for what valuation.
- Which VCs have invested in their competitor.
- How is a particular VC fund going to help them apart from the capital?
- What are the key terms, agreements, SHA-SSA they are okay?
- What is the fund tenure; is it actively deploying?