It’s the year 2015 and now Internet is cheap, handsets are cheap, multiple platforms for information,much noise, too much information overflow right?
Yes,far too much and everyone has an opinion about everything. Everybody wants to be a singer[or is it just me?]So many mediums like buzzfeed, twitter, facebook, youtube, reddit. But first, watch this video to know what I am saying.
Overabundance, overflow and inundation of information wears you out.How do you streamline social media and feeds to your liking? How do you not miss the important stuff and cut down on misuse?
Everybody may have their way out, this is my way to avoid getting worn out from information overflow:
- Twitter list: It’s best to create a list with people from various categories that you want to read/learn from and intently follow.
- Subscribe via e-mail: There are bunch of interesting people who write amazing blogs & not only should you subscribe to them, but make time to read their posts.
- Pocket: With pocket, one can add a list of interesting stories that can be read offline especially when on commute.
- Podcast Addict: I use this software on my phone to listen to selected list of podcasts.
- Hacker news: For those daily updates around the tech community or new announcements and sometimes interesting shares, this is my go to.
- Reddit: Reddit is great for those daily updates of all the news that is related to India.
- Growthhackers & Producthunt: This is my daily dosage of story,insights related to startup, productivity, marketing.
- Feedly: This software gets you RSS feed across the internet and lets you categorize the feeds. The bonus feature it converts content to audio.
If I’ve missed something, please share your thoughts and tools which you use to avoid information overflow. I am sure it will be very useful to me.