When I was a little kid we only had Doordarshan, India’s national channel & It had limited hours dedicated for news. Currently we have 25+ hindi & english channel catering 24/7 news. If we add up entertainment/lifestyle/sports the list will go over 200. It is same with newspapers.
I have not purchased a newspaper in last 3-4 years nor owned a TV. I will chalk down my thoughts & reasons for the same.
- The quality of Media content has gone low, editorial has no substance & TV debates are like cat fight.
- TV or newspaper are all about creating sensation.
- Instead of being source of information they have turned as infotainment.
- Most of these newspapers or TV channels are run by politicians with a specific propaganda.
- I get to know more about brand with 10 page of advertisement or multiple TV breaks instead news that i can relate to.
Do you like reading newspaper these days or watching debate on news channels? How do you keep up with it?