Past 3 weeks I spent reading The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win [Amazon] I have to admit that i am not a usual reader hence finishing a book in 3 weeks time is a big achievement for me.
These are the 8 things I learnt reading this book:
- Trust is very important part in any organization.
- A process is what makes or breaks an organization.
- A leader for success of his organization needs to accept total responsibility.
- A successful leader finds smart subordinates/team leads to delegate entire operations.
- Ego, distrust & pessimism among peers can bring down an enterprise
- Its not in age but flexibility or desire to adopt the changes which makes or breaks an organization.
- Learning can come from any corner, place, people or sphere all we need to do is to have our eye & heart open.
- Empathy among peers & junior subordinates can do miracles in overall outcome.
If you have read the book, feel free to share your thoughts.