I am no billionaire philanthropist or a startup guy who just made a big exit. The content of this post has more to do with my experience with life/people & surroundings over year of time.
These are some of the learnings:
1. Family should get all the attention.
2. Heath comes next
3. People will come & go in our life
4. You have to be honest with yourself
5. Its good to have one honest friend than bunch of friends.
6. Learning does not require college degree it can come from everywhere
7. People will change over time.
8. You cannot be happy always, but you can try to maximize it with efforts.
9. Think before speaking in anger as its consequences can change your life.
10. Love comes from all corners, you have to keep eyes open to feel it.
11. Money come with stress/pain.
12. Your ego is what you own in reality.
13. Failure hurts, glorifying it does little help.
14. Successful people practice to perfection.
15. Working hard & smart both matters.
16. Empathy will make u more successful.
17. Worrying about future & screwing present will do more harm.
18. You have to clean your mess
19. Smile more, its free.
20. Slow down a bit in life it helps.
21. Go offline for one day in week.
22. Respect mother nature
23. Travel more, see the world.
24. Challenge yourself with some monthly goal can be hobby/learning/exercise.
25. Celebrate life, taking it too seriously will make you sad & stressed.
26. Eat healthy food [more fruits & vegetables], avoid junk and sodas.
27. Exercise regularly
28. Read regularly, it helps
29. Be grateful & respect everyone.
30. Anger, happiness, sadness are never permanent. It is part of life.