We are living in the era of round the clock sale. Most things are advertised to be sold at a discounted price. Even in these situations, many things could go wrong.
Some common warning sign of a bad deal:
- The deal is only good for “today”
- The seller offers “free gifts” in return for “minimum “ effort
- A sale item is suddenly unavailable but a “much better “ item happens to be available for “slightly more money”
- The seller emphasizes the amount of each payment rather the total amount of sale.
- A “repair person “ discovers a “dangerous “ defect in something you own that must be repaired immediately.
- You are given little or no time to read the contract.
- The seller makes you feel guilty for asking questions or asks, “don’t you trust me?”
Excerpt from “Age of Propaganda.”