I read “Trillion Dollar Coach”, a book on Silicon Valley’s most loved and successful coach. The list includes Steve Jobs, Sundar Pichai, Marissa Mayer, Eric Schmidt to list a few.
Bill also served as CEO at Intuit and worked with John Doerr at Kleiner Perkins. He also served on boards of many companies including Apple.
These are some important takeaways:
- Your team plays the most important role in your companies success.
- Honesty, Empathy, and Integrity win you all the love, respect.
- Community matters, friends, peers.
- Communication requires a personal connection. Inquire and if needed help the team in their personal lives.
- Find a set of Star Trek crew, give them freedom and independence, they will deliver the best. Do not micromanage.
- Offer respect and ownership without getting biased over age, sex, color.
- Think Big, do not settle for ordinary.
- Do not shoot the messenger. On firing or giving feedback, be generous.
It appears to me that someone took a presentation slide and made a book out of it. But an easy read, unlike million other self-help and leadership books.