Happy New Year to everyone to start with.
Year 2015 been amazing in following ways :
- Joined minio.io as developer evangelist [blog will follow soon :)]
- Met long time friends Razique & Heiko in person after interacting with them for over 4 years on IRC regarding OpensStack project.
- Two of my junior buddies Prashant & Jithesh are doing awesome, they got new job/task and are just loving it.
- Got in touch with awesome folks from startup community via aroundstartups interview podcast.
- Finally get to meet few of my life mentors & talk to them in person.
- Lost few kilos & yes not drinking too much of beer these days.
- Traveled across 6-7 different indian states including Kerala for first time & international trip to Canada.
- Started blogging regularly & launched my podcast aroundstartups on india’s startup ecosystem. Thanks to my friends Prashant & Abhishek for helping me on this project.
- Made some good friends & lost few.
- Started entrepreneurship journey, failed miserably & learnt a lot.
What I learnt from 2015 :
- Time heals everything & you have to keep moving with life.
- Its good to have few close friends always around who are there to listen to you & help you when you screwup.
- Parents are getting older & they need more attention from me.
- Keep finding mentors, learn from them.
- Each one of us are awesome, great in our own way & we have so much to learn from each other.
- Empathy is biggest asset a human can have.
- Don’t do things or commit to projects you are not motivated about. This will save time and effort to you and others who are working 100% on the project.
- Listen more & then act.
- Its good to get disconnected from the world once in few days & spend time reading or wandering in nature.
- Stay away from toxic/negative people, they will only add negatively around.
Plan for 2016
- Stay happy, motivated & continue on healthy life.
- Work on upgrading my bash scripting skills.
- Keep meeting people, making friends, learning from mentors & helping whoever i can with whatever way i could.
- Read more books.
- Organize myself in much better way.
I hope 2016 brings more happiness to everyone’s life!! Stay blessed & have a good one.